Success, everyone wants it but not everyone pushes themselves hard enough to get it. Why is that? Is it that most people think that success is unattainable? Or maybe its the fear of failure?
Success has a different meaning depending on the person you are talking to. For example, to someone success can mean being a good parent, to another it can mean starting a business. Now if there are all these different personal meanings of success, does that mean the steps are any different? Not necessarily. Here are some tips on how to be successful no matter what your going after.
1) Be passionate. The only way you're going to be successful at anything is if you're passionate about learning everything there is to perfect your craft.
2) Be flexible. Success is not this easy roadmap that you follow so you have to be flexible to adjust to the twists and turns.
3) Research. Not enough people take the time to research their craft. This is important if you want to be an expert in your field.
4) Take a step. The scariest but the most exhilarating feeling is when you take a step towards your goal. Like Nike says, Just Do it. That's ultimately how you will learn the do's and don'ts and if its for you or not.
5) Get a mentor. The reason why many people fail is because they feel they are doing it all alone. Successful people can not do it by themselves. So find someone who can be there as a guide and friend.